Two juveniles arrested in connection with the Shakti Mill gang rape cases of a photojournalist and a telephone operator were on Tuesday convicted by the Juvenile Justice Board and sent to a Nashik school for three years to learn "good behaviour".
The sessions court in Mumbai on Thursday found all the accused in the Shakti Mills gangrape cases guilty.
A sessions court in Mumbai on Thursday held guilty three convicts in the Shakti Mills photojournalist gang rape case under an amended IPC section, which entails death penalty, for committing repeated offence.
The 17-year-old minor boy who is an accused in the July 31 gang rape case was identified by the victim and her boyfriend, during an identification parade held at the juvenile remand home in South Mumbai, police said.
The police today filed a chargesheet, against four accused in connection with the July 31 gang-rape of an 18-year-old telephone operator on the premises of Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai.
Three men found guilty of gang-raping two women in the abandoned Shakti Mills in Mumbai last year were sentenced to death by a court on Friday, bringing into force for the first time the new law for repeat rape offenders.
A sessions court in Mumbai on Friday sentenced four convicts to life in jail for the gang-rape of a telephone operator in the abandoned Shakti Mills compound in the city last year.
The accused in the Mumbai gang rape case have admitted to having earlier committed two rapes and a molestation inside the deserted Shakti Mills compound, investigators said on Tuesday.
The Bombay high court on Thursday commuted to life imprisonment the death penalty awarded to three convicts in the 2013 gangrape case of a 22-year-old photojournalist inside the defunct Shakti Mills compound in central Mumbai, saying that they 'deserve imprisonment for life to repent the offence committed by them'.
Days after sentencing four men to life term for brutalising a telephone operator in Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai, a local court on Monday framed fresh charges against the three common convicts in the 2013 photojournalist gang rape case.
The ruins of Shakti Mills are a hauntingly beautiful place. On the evening of August 22, they were a silent witness to one of the most horrific episodes in Mumbai's history.
The five accused arrested in connection with the gang rape of 23-year-old photojournalist were on Wednesday taken to Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai to reconstruct the sequence of events that led to the crime.
'Straight from heaven into our hearts. A whole new life, a whole new start.'
The minor accused in the gang-rape case was identified on Wednesday by the photojournalist and her male colleague during an identification parade held at juvenile remand home in south Mumbai, police said.
The five accused arrested in connection with the gang rape of 23-year-old photojournalist were on Wednesday taken to Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai to reconstruct the sequence of events that led to the crime.
Nikam has replaced two-time MP Poonam Mahajan, who is the daughter of the late BJP stalwart Pramod Mahajan.
Do you think NCP leader Asha Mirje deserves a boo for her sexist remarks?
The sessions court trying the Mumbai photojournalist's gang rape case on Monday set a deadline for itself saying it would try to conclude the hearing in 60 days.
The Mumbai police probing into the shocking gang rape of a 23-year-old woman photojournalist in Mumbai has picked up about 20 people for questioning but obtained no leads in the case so far, even as it has formed special teams to investigate into the matter, police said on Friday.
"Rape is not the end of life. I want strictest punishment for all the accused and want to join duty as early as possible".
Four of the five accused in the August 22 gang-rape case were identified by the photojournalist and her male colleague during an identification parade held in a south Mumbai jail on Friday, police said.
Neither Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, or the man who hopes to succeed him in 2014, have so far condemned the Mumbai gang rape. But they are not the only ones, here's a list of those who are yet to say anything on it. Don't forget to register your anger by clicking on the 'BOO' icon at the bottom of every slide.
In a highly insensitive and controversial statement at the time when security of women is a major issue, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday said that it was wrong to give capital punishment to rapists.
The sessions court in Mumbai on Thursday found all the accused in the Shakti Mills gangrape cases guilty. They will be sentenced by the court later today.
Let not our current anger against gang rapes undermine centuries of wisdom. Because, in doing so, we may just be putting our women at greater risk, says Amberish K Diwanji
The fourth accused, Kasim Bangali, is the eldest of the five accused and was the one who sexually assaulted the victim twice, the police said
The Press Council of India has appointed a one-man inquiry committee to look into the facts of the gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist in Mumbai.
The Congress on Friday claimed that a 'silent undercurrent' is brewing across western Uttar Pradesh against the 'failures' of the Modi government, as it flagged issues such as 'neglect' of sugarcane farmers and examination paper leaks.
A circular will be issued in a week to enable women journalists to seek help from the nearest police station when they are on assignments, in case they have any suspicions about that particular area, Patil said, as he faced outrage over the brutal gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist on assignment in the heart of Mumbai on Thursday.
There are so many loopholes in this lazily scribbled plot, it could be a different movie and still as crummy, observes Sukanya Verma.
The Mumbai police and the jail administration cut a sorry figure on Thursday when it was discovered that an accused in the sensational Shakti Mills compound gang-rape case had "disappeared" and could not be produced before the court but he was later found to be in prison.
The Mumbai police on Thursday filed a chargesheet against four accused in last month's gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist.
According to a police official, the woman claimed to be have been criminally assaulted in July this year by some of the men arrested in the photojournalist case.
The 23-year-old photojournalist, who was gang-raped at a defunct mill complex in Mumbai nearly a week ago, has been discharged from hospital after doctors attending on her declared her "medically fit".
Mumbai Police, which is probing the gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist, on said it has recovered two more mobile phones carried by the accused during the ghastly crime.
A day after the photojournalist, who was working as an intern with an English magazine, was gangraped allegedly by five men, a special squad has been formed by the local police as well as by the Crime Branch to probe the case
All five accused in the brutal gang rape of a young photojournalist in the city have been arrested, three days after the incident triggered outrage across the country.
Under fire from the opposition in the wake of gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist in Mumbai, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil is personally supervising the probe into the case round the clock.
The 23-year-old photojournalist in the Mumbai gang-rape case identified her assaulters and fainted inside the court during her four-hour deposition on Thursday following which she was taken to a city hospital.
Mumbai police, who are probing the gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist, have claimed that the culprits had forced the victim to clean up the crime scene at the desolate Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai.